How our Lactation cookies works?
Breastfeeding is nature’s gift to mothers: It’s all-natural and free, and it provides a host of benefits to you and your baby’s overall health. However, it’s often a concern for new mothers that their milk supply isn’t enough. Your milk supply may indeed temporarily diminish if you’re not feeding your little one often enough for a variety of reasons.
Singapore Lactation Bakes’s bake contains some key ingredients that can help BOOST your breast milk supply.
The key ingredients to our bakes are Rolled Oats, Brewer’s Yeast, and Flax Seed. However, you do have an options to add other Galactagogues herbs such as Fennel seed, Chia seed, Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle to further enhance the effectiveness of the bakes.
5 reasons on how our Lactation Bakes will benefits you
1. Lactation cookies can boost your milk supply
- Oatmeal has long been recommended as a way for moms to boost their milk supply. They are not only a nutritional powerhouse, providing plenty of whole grains, fiber, iron, and an abundance of healthy vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for nursing mothers, they also help to lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Brewer’s yeast is a traditional remedy used to stimulate and increase the production of breast milk. It contains iron, protein, and B vitamins, as well as chromium, selenium and other trace minerals. Brewer yeast is also believed to combat fatigue and fight off the baby blues.This іѕ аn ingredient thаt hаѕ аlѕо long bееn touted tо increase milk supply. Brewer’s yeast іѕ оnе оf thе bеѕt natural sources оf B vitamins, whісh аrе essential tо thе оvеrаll health оf а nursing mom.Evеn іf milk supply wеrе nоt impacted bу brewer’s yeast, thе boost оf energy and increased sugar metabolism thаt соmеѕ frоm brewer’s yeast consumption іѕ worth including іt іn lactation cookies.Onсе again, lооkіng bасk оn decades past, women hаvе long passed оn thе knowledge thаt sipping а deep, hearty beer (sister tо brewer’s yeast) hаѕ а positive effect оn milk supply.
- Flax seed provides an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids necessary for brain development. They contains phytoestrogens, a plant-based compound that can mildly mimic estrogen. They are also a good source of fibre which is also important for nursing moms. Flaxseed are known to act as estrogen which stimulate contractions and menstruation. Flaxseed is not recommended for use during pregnancy
2. Lactation cookies are more nutritious breastfeeding snacks
Feeding a miniature human from your body takes so much energy and effort, which is why most breastfeeding mothers are often very hungry and thirsty after each breastfeeding session. Instead of snacking on unhealthy food, lactation cookies are a more nutritious alternative. You get to satisfy your hunger while maintaining your figure!
3. Oats in lactation cookies promote healthy bowel movements
One of the main ingredients of lactation cookies is oatmeal. Oats are known to be high in fibre and can aid in your bowel movements, eventually helping you to shed some of your postpartum weight gain.
4. Brewer’s yeast in our lactation bakes may help with baby blues and PPD
The key ingredients in lactation cookies are brewer’s yeast. The combined nutrients in brewer’s yeast are believed to aid in managing depression, though there aren’t enough studies to support this claim. However, a little sugar fix from eating lactation cookies can definitely help in boosting your mood.
5. Lactation cookies have no adverse effects
Our optional Galactagogues Herbs
Fenugreek is one of the best and well known herbs for increasing milk production. When taken in very large amounts, Fenugreek is also used for lowering blood sugar levels, and is, therefore, not recommended for use by diabetics or those who are on strict insulin regimens to regulate their blood sugar levels. It also works on the digestive system, and in a small percentage of people, it may cause gas in either the mother or baby. Many mothers of adopted babies have successfully used this herb to help establish a breastmilk supply to feed their adopted babies. Fenugreek is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it can cause uterine activity. Fenugreek must be used with consistency for best results, otherwise it can negatively affect or decrease milk production.
Fennel is great for increasing breastmilk production, and at the same time is also extremely helpful in relieving symptoms of gas or upset stomach. It is the perfect herb to take in conjunction with Fenugreek, when gas is a problem.
Blessed Thistle increases breastmilk while helping to alleviate mild forms of postpartum depression. It is a bitter herb (known as a digestive bitter), which is healthful for the liver and digestion. Blessed Thistle is not recommended for use during pregnancy
Chia Seed There is a reason why chia seeds earned the name as a super food. It has fatty oils, protein, calcium, fiber and anti-oxidants. These nutrients will help develop the brain functioning of your child. Aside from that, it will also help you to produce more milk. Women need additional protein while breastfeeding to assist in your baby’s growth and brain development.
To check more about our optional Herb click here
When is the best to take lactation cookies
As early as possible. Many mummies bought our lactation cookies days before their delivery and brought it with them to the delivery suit and starts to eat them as soon as they give birth ( latching their baby, offering skin to skin first of course).
We also do provide an e-guide on how to eat our lactation bakes and fit it into your routine after the cookies are delivered to you. ( Be sure to check your email!).
How long does it takes to see effect?
Each mother respond differently to lactation cookies. Some moms notice a significant increase in their milk supply within a few days of eating, while some take a few weeks or so.
Who should avoid eating lactation cookies
Basically anyone in the family can eat the cookies! ( my 3 and 6 year old are my cookie tester!) however, Lactation bakes are not suitable for pregnant ladies but its ok to start eating them straight after birth.
So what are you waiting for? Grab some of our lactation bakes today!